1/1 Photo of Cold Cherry Soup
From a Jewish Cooking website, this recipe sounds quite intriguing to me as I love cherries and have never seen them used in this way before.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain cherries, if necessary, saving liquid.
- 2Puree cherries and reserved liquid, if any, in blender or food processor.
- 3Add enough water to cherry puree to make 2 quarts.
- 4Add vinegar, cornstarch, and cinnamon.
- 5Place in pan and cook, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Add cream.
- 8Season with additional sugar to taste.
- 10When ready to serve, top with sweetened whipped cream and dust with cinnamon or nutmeg to garnish.
- 11**Can be used as the soup course of a meal, but substitute sour cream for the whipped sweetened cream to garnish and season to taste with salt or vinegar to taste.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cold Cherry Soup
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.1
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 40.7 mg
- Sodium 23.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 12.9 g
- Protein 1.9 g