This is a simply wonderful treat, each bite of these chewy caramels is flavored with butter and coffee. You will find them hard to put down, somehow they are hard to keep around, they disappear quickly. This recipe makes 1.5 lbs of candy and can easily be doubled.
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with enough parchment paper for it to extend over the edges of the pan.
- In a heavy pot melt the butter, then stir in the sugar, condensed milk, corn syrup and instant coffee granuals.
- Don't forget to use your candy thermometer and boil the mixture over medium heat, making sure to stirr constantly, for 15 - 20 minutes until the desired temperature is achieved (248 degrees F - 120 C).
- Next remove the pot from heat and remove the candy thermometer and stir in your coarsley chopped nuts.
- Pour quickly into the prepared pan and spred spread evenly, when cooled cut into 1" squares and enjoy!