All who like coffee and Baileys will love this different treat. Don't drink coffee and Baileys, EAT it. Your guests will be surprised, if you serve Coffee & Baileys not in a cup or glass, but on a spoon or plate. Fancy looking and easy to make.
- Let soak 7 sheets of leaf gelatin in cold water (for about 5 minutes).
- Make coffee. Make it as strong as you like. Add brown sugar and mix until sugar is dissolved.
- Take the gelatin out of the cold water and stir into the hot coffee until disolved. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile prepare a suited form of about 10 x 6 inches in size. Line out with cling film. Fill in the coffee mixture and put into the fridge for about 2 hours.
- Then soak 4 sheets of leaf gelatin in cold water (for about 5 minutes).
- Heat up the whipping cream. It should be warm. Take the gelatin out of the cold water and stir into the warm whipping cream until dissolved. Add Baileys and mix.
- Let cool, but don't let it gelatinize. Take Coffee jello out of the fridge and pour carefully the Baileys mixture onto the coffee jello.
- Put in the fridge and chill for at least 6 hours (or overnight).
- Take the "Coffee & Baileys Jello" together with the cling film out of the form.
- Cut it into cubes of about 1 inch using a thin sharp knife. Serve immediately or put them back into the fridge until use.
- NOTE: Should be make ahead one day prior serving.
- NOTE: Cooking time is for making one day ahead.
- NOTE on Gelatin: if you can't get leaf gelatin, you may use granulated gelatin. 4 sheets leaf gelatin are 1 envelope (o,25 oz) granulated gelatin. I would suggest to use 2 envelopes for the coffee part and 1 envelope for the Baileys part.