Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a diabetic low carb cookie. The recipe comes from a low carb web site.
Make and share this Coconut Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine coconut, splenda, flour and salt in mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg whites and almond extract: mix well.
- Drop by teaspoon onto lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until edges are golden brown.
- Watch closely, they burn easily.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately.
- Cool on rack.
- Once cooled store in an airtight container.
- Makes about 8 cookies.
Really, really good. Not too sweet. I used dry shredded unsweetened coconut and they still turned out great!
Thank you for a really nice recipe! My little brother is allergic to gluten and dairy. He LOVES macaroons, but usually they have condensed milk in them. So, I was very happy to find this recipe!! And it definitely didn't disappoint. The macaroons came out perfectly light and fluffy after only 15 minutes. :)
Barb, what a wonderfully tasty little cookie and was probably the easiest cookie I've EVER made! I had some coconut I wanted to use up in the pantry and I couldn't have found a better recipe to use it in. DELICIOUS!!! I used large egg whites so I had no problem with my cookies being dry. As a matter of fact the egg white kind of ran out a bit around the edges. I got 13 (about 3 or 4 small bite sized) cookies out of my batch. I didn't want to make them to big for fear they would not get done in the middle before the edges got to brown. For anyone that likes macaroons I highly recommend this recipe. Thanks for posting.