Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Posted in reply to a "recipe request".
Make and share this Coconut Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup cream of coconut
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1⁄2 cup shredded coconut (can be toasted coconut if you prefer)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar (10x or confectioner's sugar)
- Stir all ingredients together, and chill well (about 30 to 60 minutes).
- Pour into ice cream machine, and process according to the manufacturer's directions.
I have made this ice cream twice and it was a hit both times. I adjusted the recipe for our 4 quart freezer. One party goer said she didn't like ice cream but this Coconut Ice Cream was wonderful. I think the toasted coconut added a lot. We put some out in a bowl for folks to sprinkle on top of the ice cream. Thanks for sharing this wonderful creation.
I had been looking for a coconut icecream recipe for a while, but couldn't find one!! Dee helped me out and posted this FABULOUS recipe!! It's a must try for all those coconut icecream lovers out there!! Got SO much coconut flavour and is just plain YUMMY!! Thanks Dee :)