1/3 Photos of City Market Peach Cobbler
1 hr 45 mins
A wonderfully tangy peach cobbler that I found in a supplement to the Sunday newspaper years ago. I don't think I've ever served it to anyone who hasn't liked it. The filling is also great for a pie. For a really decadent dessert, serve this with a scoop of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream! YUM!! The preparation time is approximate since I've never timed it. The cook time includes chill time for the dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 cups sliced peaches, fresh" or" frozen (thawed)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup margarine or 1/2 cup butter
- 1Combine peaches, lemon juice and orange juice.
- 2In a separate bowl, mix sugar, spices and cornstarch.
- 3Heat peaches, juices and butter in a saucepan over medium heat until butter is melted.
- 4Mix in dry ingredients; remove from heat and set aside while you prepare crust.
- 5Sift flour, sugar and salt together.
- 6Add shortening and mix until crumbly.
- 7Whip egg and water together, then sprinkle onto flour mixture.
- 8Mix just until dough forms.
- 9Chill for 30 minutes.
- 10Roll out 1/2 of dough and put in bottom and 1/2" up the sides of a 9"x 13" baking dish.
- 11Bake in 350° oven for 20 minutes.
- 12Pour peach filling into crust.
- 13Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips.
- 14Cover filling with dough strips.
- 15Sprinkle with 1 Tablespoon sugar and 1 Tablespoon melted butter.
- 16Bake 35-40 minutes.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for City Market Peach Cobbler
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1011.9
- Calories from Fat 461
- Total Fat 51.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 35.2 mg
- Sodium 578.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 134.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 90.3 g
- Protein 8.4 g