Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Brownies made extra-special.
Make and share this Cinnamon Chocolate Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ancho chili peppers or 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup semisweet chocolate pieces or 1⁄3 cup bittersweet chocolate piece
- 2 tablespoons hot strong coffee
- powdered sugar or cinnamon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F; grease a 9x9x2 inch baking dish.
- In a medium sauce pan melt butter over low heat.
- Whisk in sugar and water.
- Whisk in eggs, oil, and vanilla until combined.
- Stir in flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and chile pepper or cayenne.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 23 to 25 minutes until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan to wire rack.
- Brush with hot coffee, then cool completely.
- Cut into bars and sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or cinnamon sugar.
I made this twice as I was not happy with my first result but the second time it was the same - too cakey, not a brownie. Certainly a nice cake and the cinnamon is a fantastic addition.
Sounds like yum! The One and Only Jenbugg