From Foods with a Foreign Flavor textbook. Posted for ZWT '09.
Make and share this Churros (Spanish Doughnuts) recipe from Food.com.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter and water. Bring to a boil; add salt and remove from heat.
- Add flour all at once; beat with wooden spoon.
- Return to heat; beat with wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- Beat in an egg at a time. Add vanilla and continue beating until mixture is satiny.
- Press mixture through fluted tip pastry bag or cookie press, 1/2-inch wide opening. With wet scissors, cut into 2-inch strips as it drops in fat heated to 350*F. Fry for 2 minutes on each side. Do a few at a time.
- Drain; roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.