1/2 Photos of Churros (Spanish Doughnuts)
From Foods with a Foreign Flavor textbook. Posted for ZWT '09.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In medium saucepan, combine butter and water. Bring to a boil; add salt and remove from heat.
- 2Add flour all at once; beat with wooden spoon.
- 3Return to heat; beat with wooden spoon for 2 minutes. Remove from heat; let cool.
- 4Beat in an egg at a time. Add vanilla and continue beating until mixture is satiny.
- 5Press mixture through fluted tip pastry bag or cookie press, 1/2-inch wide opening. With wet scissors, cut into 2-inch strips as it drops in fat heated to 350*F. Fry for 2 minutes on each side. Do a few at a time.
- 6Drain; roll in cinnamon sugar mixture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Churros (Spanish Doughnuts)
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.4
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 63.0 mg
- Sodium 69.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g