I've tried so many muffin recipes over the years and, by far, this one is the best I've come up with so far. Super moist and chocolaty with the goodness of whole wheat, banana, apple and walnut oil. Yum!!!
- In and 8 cup measuring cup, mix together the banana, applesauce, eggs and oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients but the chocolate chips (I like to split the sugar with Splenda but for some reason the ingredient list can't identify it).
- Fold in wet mix until just blended slightly.
- Add in chocolate chips and mix just until evenly moist.
- Distribute between 2 muffin trays (12 muffins/tray.
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and enjoy with a large glass of milk or, even better, hot chocolate!