6 hrs 15 mins
Baby Kato's Note:
Wow, what flavors. This special cake is worth the extra effort. The big kids around here go crazy for this tasty cake. I hope that you also enjoy this light, fluffy, creamy treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- chocolate wafer
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups pastry flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder, dark
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- whipping cream
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons orange liqueur, Grand Marnia
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar (garnish)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Line two rimless baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside until needed.
- 3Chocolate Wafers.
- 4Beat butter with icing sugar until fluffy.
- 5Next add the egg and vanilla, mix well.
- 6In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder and salt.
- 7Stir into butter mixture in two additions to form smooth soft dough.
- 8Divide dough in half and shape each into 8-inch log and wrap in plastic wrap and chill for 3 - 4 hours. (until firm enough to slice,).
- 9Cut into thin slices, about 1/8-inch thick.
- 10Place cookie slices, 1 inch apart, on prepared baking sheets.
- 11Bake in top and bottom thirds of 375°F oven.
- 12Switch and rotate pans halfway through baking, until wafers are just firm to the touch and slightly darkened, about 9 minutes.
- 13Let cool for 2 minutes on pan, then transfer wafers to rack and let cool completely.
- 14In a small bowl, whip together heavy cream, granulated sugar and orange rind and Grand Marnia.
- 15Divide wafers into 5 batches. Arrange 1 batch in single layer on flat glass cake pan. Break wafers into smaller pieces to fill in gaps as necessary.
- 16Then cover the wafers with one-sixth of the whipped-cream mixture.
- 17Add second layer of wafers and cream then place half of the raspberries over the cream.
- 18Repeat with 2 more layers of cream and wafers.
- 19Lastly, cover the top of the cake with the remaining cream mixture.
- 20Loosely drape with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours.
- 21When ready to serve garnish with the remaining raspberries and sprinkle with a light dusting of powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Wafer, Orange & Raspberry - Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 509.7
- Calories from Fat 347
- Total Fat 38.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 139.8 mg
- Sodium 163.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 16.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: