Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are really special little biscuits (cookies). They have a shortbread type texture and are great with coffee or when you want to impress someone!
- 225 g self-raising flour
- 90 g cocoa
- 30 g cornflour
- 225 g unsalted butter, softened
- 90 g icing sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- icing sugar, for, dusting
- 115 g chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Into a bowl sift together the flour,cocoa and cornflour.
- In another large bowl beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- With the beater on low speed gradually add in the flour mixture and vanilla essence until it becomes a soft dough.
- Shape into'bar' shapes about 10cm long by 5cm wide.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, rotating baking sheets at half-time.
- Keep an eye on them as they should only be slightly firm and all ovens are different.
- Cool on wire cooling rack until cool and firm.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate and place back onto greaseproof paper and allow chocolate to set.
- Store in container with waxed paper between layers.
Could someone pls tell me what it means to "rotate baking sheet at half time". I really want to try this out, but I don't know what that means. A reply would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
These were 10/10!! Really, really gorgeous! They were the perfect little biscuits to have after dinner with coffee! I'll definately be making these again. Thanks for the suggestion Dale!