Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are really special little biscuits (cookies). They have a shortbread type texture and are great with coffee or when you want to impress someone!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease 2 large baking sheets.
- Into a bowl sift together the flour,cocoa and cornflour.
- In another large bowl beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy.
- With the beater on low speed gradually add in the flour mixture and vanilla essence until it becomes a soft dough.
- Shape into'bar' shapes about 10cm long by 5cm wide.
- Bake about 15-20 minutes, rotating baking sheets at half-time.
- Keep an eye on them as they should only be slightly firm and all ovens are different.
- Cool on wire cooling rack until cool and firm.
- Dust with icing sugar.
- Dip one end of each cookie into melted chocolate and place back onto greaseproof paper and allow chocolate to set.
- Store in container with waxed paper between layers.