You probably have all the ingredients for this in your pantry! Chocolate is so popular everywhere, but really popular in the New England, Southern, Mid Atlantic and Mid Western states!
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 (2 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chocolate coated caramel peanut nougat bars cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add eggs and butter, stirring well. Stir in morsels.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 13x9" pan.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or till a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Sprinkle immediately with candy pieces.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars. Enjoy!
This was an excellent way to use up some candy bars leftover from Halloween! We used broken pieces of Hershey bars for the milk chocolate and chopped Snickers bars for the topping. This was a cross between a cake and a brownie. A bit dense, but not too chewy. DH thought it could use some frosting before putting the candy on top, but I think there is quite enough chocolate as it is. Made and Reviewed for 123 Hit Wonders Tag - Thanks! :)
What an easy and awesome cake!! If you love chocolate like I do, you will love love love this cake!! It's a chocolate lover's dream!! The only changes I made was to use 2 Snickers bars and maybe 1/2 cup of chocolate morsels. Bringing the rest to the office because I will eat them all!! Thanks Sharon!
Made this for Zaartag. This was very easy to make and it's soooo good! All I had to buy were the snicker bars since I had everything else. I bought 3 snicker bars but ended up only using 2 of them. Great for chocoholics like me!