Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Classic chocolate sauce. Very rich, and wonderful, as long as you use good quality chocolate. You can modify it by adding a tablespoon of Gran Marnier, Baileys, or any other flavoring to jazz it up a bit.
- Coarsely chop the chocolate and place in a stainless steel bowl.
- Heat the cream until scalding, pour over the chocolate.
- Let sit 5 minutes before stirring.
- Stir with a whisk until very smooth.
- Serve sauce warm, or refrigerate for later use.
- This will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, just gently heat over a double boiler.
Chocolate sauce doesn't get any simpler or more delicious than this! Wonderful rich chocolate flavor; very versatile. I keep a batch in my fridge and use it for all kinds of desserts. Thanks, PetitFour!
Fool proof! Like Carla said in another review, I was looking for a simple chocolate sauce that didn't require a lot of ingredients. I used this for a dessert fondue sauce and it was delicious.
This is an excellent recipe. As previously stated, simple and elegant. In my search for a chocolate sauce I was hard pressed to find a recipe that didn't ask for butter, salt, vanilla, water or corn syrup.. basically everything but Chocolate! I used Callebaut Belgian Dessert Chocolate as I consider it to be one of the best. You can also add a bit of Godiva Chocolate Liqor to this sauce for a more sophisticated flavor.