Classic chocolate sauce. Very rich, and wonderful, as long as you use good quality chocolate. You can modify it by adding a tablespoon of Gran Marnier, Baileys, or any other flavoring to jazz it up a bit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely chop the chocolate and place in a stainless steel bowl.
- 2Heat the cream until scalding, pour over the chocolate.
- 3Let sit 5 minutes before stirring.
- 4Stir with a whisk until very smooth.
- 5Serve sauce warm, or refrigerate for later use.
- 6This will keep for several weeks in the refrigerator.
- 7To reheat, just gently heat over a double boiler.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (436 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.4
- Calories from Fat 528
- Total Fat 58.7 g
- Saturated Fat 36.5 g
- Cholesterol 217.3 mg
- Sodium 60.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 3.2 g