Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is really good. You might try making it with Splenda, if available in your area. Add a spoonful of Kahlua or orange zest for variety.
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 6 packets Equal sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Whip the cream with electric mixer.
- Add Equal one packet at a time.
- Add vanilla and cocoa powder, and beat until almost stiff.
- Scrape down and mix again.
- Place in serving dishes, cover, and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour.
- Serve within 4 hours of preparation.
This definitely is low carb. And it does taste decadent. Be careful, though, and read the nutrition info - over 90% FAT. Calories are calories, and if you're eating low carb for losing weight, this might not be for you. If, however, you're eating low carb for some other reason, enjoy!!
I was craving something sweet and did a quick Google of low-carb desserts. Came across this one and it's starred ratings. I'm past the low-carb induction phase, so I used a third cup of the sugar/Splenda blend instead of all artificial sweetener. I also used a half tsp of orange flavoring and a half tsp of vanilla. It is delicious! Love it. It's chilling in the fridge now. Hope I can eat just one. Next time I'll add a packet of Starbucks instant coffee to it.
Yummy, creamy, easy and satisfying. I followed a reviewer and used 2/3 Splenda. When you're low-carbing, it's so nice to get the meat taste out of your mouth with something that tastes different and decadent. Thanks for posting.