1/1 Photo of Chocolate Mousse
One for the chocolate lovers, the added Kahlua makes it great for grown-ups
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place chocolate into a heat-resistant bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water (see note).
- 2Stir until melted.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in combined egg yolks and Kahlua.
- 5Allow to cool slightly.
- 6Whip cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form (when beater is lifted from cream, the peaks will bend slightly).
- 7Gently fold chocolate mixture through whipped cream.
- 8In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- 9Lightly fold egg whites into chocolate mixture until well combined.
- 10Spoon into 4 individual dishes or 1 large dish.
- 11Refrigerate for several hours until firm.
- 12Serve with extra cream, chocolate flakes and berries.
- 13Note: Chocolate may also be melted in the microwave on MEDIUM power.
- 14Heat in 30 second bursts, stirring after each burst, until melted.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Mousse
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 548.7
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.6 g
- Cholesterol 281.2 mg
- Sodium 132.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 24.8 g
- Protein 11.3 g