1/1 Photo of Chocolate Lava Muffins
2 hrs 30 mins
I believe this is an Alton Brown recipe. It is cakey on the outside and gooey chocolate on the inside. I have made these several times and they have always been a hit. Posting the recipe so I don't have to go searching for it next time I want to make it. Cook time is approximate, accounting for chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375F.
- 2In small metal bowl over saucepan of simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together.
- 3Stir Vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- 4In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, and salt.
- 5Sift sugar mixture into chocolate and mix well with electric hand mixer.
- 6Add eggs to chocolate one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next.
- 7Beat at high until batter is creamy and lightens in color, approximately 4 minutes.
- 8Chill mixture.
- 9Coat top and cups of muffin tin with butter and dust with cocoa powder, shaking off excess.
- 10Spoon mixture into muffin tin using 4oz scoop or ladle.
- 11Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- 12Outsides should be cake like and centers shoud be gooey.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Lava Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.4
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.3 mg
- Sodium 75.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 18.7 g
- Protein 3.2 g