I believe this is an Alton Brown recipe. It is cakey on the outside and gooey chocolate on the inside. I have made these several times and they have always been a hit. Posting the recipe so I don't have to go searching for it next time I want to make it. Cook time is approximate, accounting for chill time.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In small metal bowl over saucepan of simmering water, melt chocolate and butter together.
- Stir Vanilla into chocolate mixture.
- In large mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, and salt.
- Sift sugar mixture into chocolate and mix well with electric hand mixer.
- Add eggs to chocolate one at a time, fully incorporating each egg before adding the next.
- Beat at high until batter is creamy and lightens in color, approximately 4 minutes.
- Chill mixture.
- Coat top and cups of muffin tin with butter and dust with cocoa powder, shaking off excess.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin using 4oz scoop or ladle.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes.
- Outsides should be cake like and centers shoud be gooey.