Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice custard ice cream for summer!
Make and share this Chocolate Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Mix sugar, flour and salt together.
- Add eggs to mixture& stir.
- Heat the milk and melt the chocolate in it.
- Combine the mixtures and cook over med.
- Low heat using heavy-bottomed pan until slightly thickened.
- Cool and add the cream and vanilla.
- Strain and freeze using manufacturer's instructions.
The best homemade ice cream I've ever had. Used Scharfenberger bittersweet chocolate, and added a Tablespoon of cold brewed coffee to bring out the flavor. Very rich, and keeps well. Made it 5 days ago, and ate the last scoop this eveing with just a slight change in texture fro the first evening. Will definitely make this over and over! Thank you.
I made this for the 4th of July. Instead of baking squares, I used semi-sweet morsels (all I had). Turned out really good. I used cheesecloth to strain it, and let it sit in the freezer for an hour before putting it in my ice cream maker. It came out soft serve, really good. I then put it in the freezer to harden some more. Terrific!