Prep 0 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Enjoy this old time favorite, then watch how everyone screams for more ice cream. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
- 2 cups soft tofu
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2-1 cup dry sweetener
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 dash salt
- In a food processor, blend together all the ingreients until very smooth and creamy.
- Place in a sealable container and freeze.
- Remove from the freezer and defrost for 20-40 minutes.
- Place back in food processor and blend again.
- Spoon back into container (at this point, you may add chocolate chips or crumbled cookies if you like), then re-freeze.
- Remove from freezer 5 minutes before serving.
I've bought SO much tofutti---but not now that there's a homemade option! We really liked this, and it was easy to do. Read the instructions, though. It doesn't call for an ice cream maker, and it is important to wait to add the 'fun stuff' until the SECOND blending. Hooray for this recipe!!!!