Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A velvety smooth chocolate sauce ,rich and decadent that can be served over cake, ice cream, crepes or fresh fruit .
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup hard margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 2⁄3 cup hot water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄16 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup icing sugar (confectioners')
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Measure first 6 ingredients into medium saucepan.
- Heat on medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently until margarine is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Gradually beat in icing sugar 1/4 cup at a time until consistency of medium thick sauce.
- Beat in vanilla.
WOW! With the number of birthdays and gatherings early in the year I was needing something 'new' to serve for a special birthday in early February - baked andypandy's Deep Dark Chocolate Moist Cake in a bundt pan - glazed it with the chocolate fudge sauce. What a winning combination! Made as posted with no changes needed. While I rarely eat ice cream I had to give it a try with this fudgy chocolaty sauce - it takes that dish of ice cream to a new level! Great to have on hand for times when you need to do a dessert in a hurry. Thank you Dotty it made for a wonderful ending to the birthday supper.