Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
- In a heavy 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk.
- Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a full rolling boil over medium heat. Continue cooking and stirring 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add marshmallows, peanut butter, vanilla and 1/2 cup of the chopped peanuts.
- Stir vigorously until marshmallows and peanut butter are melted and mixture blended.
- Turn into a buttered 8-inch square pan.
- Cool a few minutes until top "sets".
- Sprinkle chocolate over top.
- Let stand until chocolate melts, then spread over fudge with a spatula.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chopped peanuts over chocolate and press in lightly.
- Cool, then cut into 1-inch squares.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes approximately 2 1/2 pounds fudge. To make Peanut-Butter Chocolate-Marbled Fudge: Follow recipe for Chocolate Frosted Peanut Butter Fudge except add semi-sweet chocolate pieces to fudge just before turning it into pan.
- Stir just a few times to secure a marbled appearance. Turn into pan as directed previously.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup chopped peanuts over top and press nuts down gently into fudge.
I've had this recipe saved for quite some time knowing that I would definitely be making it for my holiday baking. What's not to love about this? Of course being the p.b. freak that I am I knew it would be 5 stars. I omitted the peanuts per family specifications and did the marbled effect for something a little different. LOVED IT!!