1/1 Photo of Chocolate eclairs
1 hr 10 mins
Missy Wombat's Note:
I'm not usually a fan of cream but I have to admit to liking the occasional chocolate eclair. Here is a recipe my mother used to make. The yield is a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a saucepan, then add the water and bring to the boil.
- 2Remove from the heat and quickly add the sifted flour and salt and beat well.
- 3Heat again until the mixture leaves the side of the pan.
- 4Allow the mixture to cool for a few moments before adding the first egg.
- 5Beat this well into the mixture and then add the other two eggs one at a time, beating well with a wooden spoon.
- 6Make sure the mixture is soft by shaking some off a spoon, it will fall softly and leave some on the spoon.
- 7Eclairs: Put the choux pastry in a biscuit forcer or something similar with a 1/2 inch or 1 inch plain forcer.
- 8Force out 1/2 inches of mixture on a lightly greased tray.
- 9Bake in a moderate over[350F] for 35-40 minutes.
- 10Ice with chocolate icing when cold, and fill with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate eclairs
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.1
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 38.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g