This is a wonderful "company" dessert. The puff pastry crust is light, and you may choose any flavor of pudding for the filling.It looks like you spent hours working on it, yet it is fairly easy and delicious!
- Bring water and butter to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir until forms ball.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well after each.
- Put in greased 9 X 13 pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.
- Blend milk and cream cheese together.
- Mix in pudding mix.
- Add cool whip as top layer.
- Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
Excellent dessert!! 17 yo DS couldn't get enough of this dessert. I made 1/2 of the recipe, using an 8X8 pan. For the chocolate sauce, I used Velvet Chocolate Sauce. I made the base as written and let it cool. I then added a layer of the chocolate sauce, then vanilla pudding and topped with the cool whip. I then drizzled some more of the sauce on top. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for PAC Fall 09!!
Tastes great and makes an elegant presentation. Couldn't ask for more from such an easy dessert!