Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I haven't tried this yet, it's in response to a request. It looks really easy and fun. I had put it aside to make with the kids, and at least now I won't lose the recipe, lol. It's from Quick Cooking. They say 5-6 cups of sugar--I'm guessing you start with 5, and add more if it doesn't seem very easy to handle. I imagine you could also make this into different shapes for different occasions, maybe even dipping them in white chocolate...BE SURE to use COOK AND SERVE pudding, NOT instant, or these will not work--and use butter, not margarine.
- Combine pudding mixes, butter and milk in a saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook while stirring for 2 more minutes, or until thickened.
- Remove from heat, stir in the sugar and peanut butter.
- Cool slightly.
- Shape 1/2 cupfuls of the mixture into egg shapes.
- Place on a waxed paper lined bake sheet, and refrigerate until set.
- In the microwave or a saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and the shortening, stirring until smooth.
- Dip the eggs in the chocolate, allwowing the excess to drip off.
- Put back on waxed paper to dry.
- Decorate as desired with icings and candies.
I attempted these again this morning using the exact ingredients and they turned out beautifully. I know Easter is over but chocolate just keeps going. Thanks, Leeann