I haven't tried this yet, it's in response to a request. It looks really easy and fun. I had put it aside to make with the kids, and at least now I won't lose the recipe, lol. It's from Quick Cooking. They say 5-6 cups of sugar--I'm guessing you start with 5, and add more if it doesn't seem very easy to handle. I imagine you could also make this into different shapes for different occasions, maybe even dipping them in white chocolate...BE SURE to use COOK AND SERVE pudding, NOT instant, or these will not work--and use butter, not margarine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine pudding mixes, butter and milk in a saucepan.
- 2Cook and stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil.
- 3Cook while stirring for 2 more minutes, or until thickened.
- 4Remove from heat, stir in the sugar and peanut butter.
- 5Cool slightly.
- 6Shape 1/2 cupfuls of the mixture into egg shapes.
- 7Place on a waxed paper lined bake sheet, and refrigerate until set.
- 8In the microwave or a saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and the shortening, stirring until smooth.
- 9Dip the eggs in the chocolate, allwowing the excess to drip off.
- 10Put back on waxed paper to dry.
- 11Decorate as desired with icings and candies.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Easter Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1030.8
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 23.8 g
- Cholesterol 26.3 mg
- Sodium 384.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 130.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 108.4 g
- Protein 16.7 g