The notes listed under melting chocolate are important for the success of this simple recipe. The time it takes for the chocolate to harden isn't listed in prep time (allow a few hours). Cooking time is minimal - time for melting chocolate. Recipe source: realtor's flyer
- Rinse strawberries, drying them with paper towels.
- Melt chocolate in top of double boiler or in microwave (full power in 30 second intervals, until chocolate is melted, stirring often).
- Note 1: CHOCOLATE SHOULD NOT BE TOO HOT - IF IT GETS TOO HOT IT WILL DRIP ON THE BERRIES INSTEAD OF ADHERING TO THE BERRIES.
- Note 2: BE CAREFUL--OVER HEATING CHOCOLATE MAY CAUSE SCORCHING AND KEEP IT FROM BLENDING PROPERLY.
- Insert toothpick into stem end of strawberry and dip 3/4 of berry into chocolate, leaving green cap and some of the red berry showing.
- Spear free end of toothpick into a piece of Styrofoam or grapefruit to allow strawberry to dry upside down (alternatively dry strawberries on waxed paper).
- Note 3: If chocolate becomes too thick to work with reheat chocolate gently.
- Note 4: After chocolate hardens dip tip of berry into contrasting melted chocolate.
- After the chocolate hardens discard toothpicks.
- These berries are best if eaten within 24 hours, for longer storage refrigerate but serve at room temperature.