Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Quick and easy candy dish! Using saltine crackers believe it or not! We went to a party and this was a dish to pass -- that disappeared first! (If you like Heath bars, you'll love this recipe!)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Lay the saltine crackers in the pan (single layer), you may not use the whole pkg depending on the size of the pan.
- Sometimes I have 3-6 crackers left over.
- In a saucepan melt the butter and sugar together.
- Bring to a boil.
- When comes to a boil, pour over the crackers.
- Put cracker pan in oven and bake for 10 minutes (DO NOT OVER BAKE-- EXACTLY 10 MIN).
- It will caramelize a little.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- When the chips begin to melt spread to the edges of the pan.
- Cool completely.
- When completely cool break randomly into small pieces (about 1 inch works well).
- This recipe is so easy and quick!
- At our house it rarely lasts more than a day--our kids and their friends beg us to make it when they come over too!