CJ Berry's Note:
Quick and easy candy dish! Using saltine crackers believe it or not! We went to a party and this was a dish to pass -- that disappeared first! (If you like Heath bars, you'll love this recipe!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- 3Lay the saltine crackers in the pan (single layer), you may not use the whole pkg depending on the size of the pan.
- 4Sometimes I have 3-6 crackers left over.
- 5In a saucepan melt the butter and sugar together.
- 6Bring to a boil.
- 7When comes to a boil, pour over the crackers.
- 8Put cracker pan in oven and bake for 10 minutes (DO NOT OVER BAKE-- EXACTLY 10 MIN).
- 9It will caramelize a little.
- 10Remove from oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top.
- 11When the chips begin to melt spread to the edges of the pan.
- 12Cool completely.
- 13When completely cool break randomly into small pieces (about 1 inch works well).
- 14This recipe is so easy and quick!
- 15At our house it rarely lasts more than a day--our kids and their friends beg us to make it when they come over too!
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Crackle
Serving Size: 1 (1108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.3
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 139.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 1.4 g