Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an awesome dip to have at a gathering. It tastes like cookie dough, but is more spreadable and does not have raw egg in it. Use chocolate graham wafers (or regular ones) or 'Nila crackers to spread it on. A Nurse that I work with brought this to a party in a beautiful serving bowl and everyone loved it. I haven't tried the dough ball version, but it sounds good too. Thanks Shannon! Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces light cream cheese or 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- In a saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add brown sugar and stir until sugar melts. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla. Let cool.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for 1 minute. Slowly beat in cooled butter mixture and beat again for 1 minute. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop into serving bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour; or place the mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap and form into a ball. Refrigerate for 1 hour and then roll ball in pecans and serve.
I have made this twice now. It's fantastic. Took it to an office party and everybody wanted the recipe. It is easy to make and everybody should try it.