1/1 Photo of Chocolate Caramel Cookie Candy Bars
4 hrs 20 mins
Similar to purchased candy bars.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 35 Kraft caramels, unwrapped
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (40 count) box Nabisco Lorna Doone shortbread cookie
- 2 (12 ounce) bags milk chocolate chips
- 1Combine the caramels with the water in a small p an and melt over low heat. Place the shortbread cookies side by side on an ungreased cookie sheet. Spoon a dab of caramel onto each cookie. Then place all the cookies in the refrigerator until the caramel firms up.
- 2In the meantime, in a double boiler over low heat, melt the chocolate chips.
- 3You may also use the microwave for melting the chocolate. Just zap the chips for 1 minute on high, stir, then zap 'em for another minute. Remove the cookies from the refrigerator.
- 4rest each one on a fork and dip it into the chocolate. Tap the fork on the side of the pan or bowl to knock off any excess chocolate. Then place each one on a sheet of waxed paper and let them cool at room temperature (65-70F). This could take several hours, but the bars will set best this way.
- 5If you want to speed up the process, put the candy in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 6Makes 40 bars.
- 7- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - NOTES : Substitute 1 cup of peanut butter sweetened with 1/2 cup powdered sugar for the caramels.
- 8The peanut-butter mixture will be of a consistency that allows you to spread it on the shortbread cookies with your fingers.
- 9Follow the rest of the directions exactly.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Caramel Cookie Candy Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1093 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.7
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 4.5 mg
- Sodium 35.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Nabisco Lorna Doone shortbread cookie