Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This wonderful treat comes from Favorite Brand Name Recipes Holiday Desserts cookbooklet of Jan 2003. Preparation time does not include time needed for candy to cool.
- Spray a 9"x9" pan with nonstick cooking spray, then spray the inside of a heavy large saucepan.
- In the prepared saucepan, combine sugar, cream, butter & syrup, then cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves & mixture comes to a boil, stirring freuently. Re-incorporate any sugar crystals that accumulate on the sides of the saucepan.
- Attach a candy thermometer to side of pan, making sure bulb is submerged in sugar mixture, BUT NOT TOUCHING BOTTOM OF PAN!
- Comtinue cooking about 6 minutes or until sugar mixture reaches soft-ball stage (234 degrees F) on candy thermometer, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat & let stand 10 minutes ~ DO NOT STIR!
- Add white chocolate & vanilla, then stir until chocolate is melted & mixture is smooth, about 1 minute.
- Stir in cherries & walnuts, then spread evenly in prepared pan.
- Score into 64 squares while fudge is still warm.
- Refrigerate until firm, then cut along scored lines, separating into squares.