1/4 Photos of Cherry Streusel Coffee Cake
1 hr 5 mins
A great coffee cake that tastes as good as it looks. This cake has been a real crowd pleaser at our Sunday morning coffee hour. There are no leftovers when serving this one. I got this recipe from a friend who not only has great recipes but shares them!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl make crumb mix: 2 1/4 cups flour 3/4 cup white sugar; Whisk together to mix.
- 2Cut in: 3/4 cup butter or margarine. Mix until crumbly.
- 3REMOVE 1/2 cup of crumb mix and set aside to sprinkle on top.
- 4To remainder of crumb mix add: 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1/2 teaspoon baking soda Combine: 1 beaten egg and 3/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk.
- 5Add to dry crumb mix and stir until just moistened.
- 6Spread 2/3 of batter over bottom and part way up the side of a greased 9 inch spring form pan or a well greased bundt pan. I favor the spring form pan when serving this as dessert.
- 7Spoon Cherry pie filler over batter.
- 8Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter over filling.
- 9(I found 1 cup of batter for the third is about right) Sprinkle with the 1/2 cup of reserved crumb mix.
- 10Bake 350 for 50-55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry Streusel Coffee Cake
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.2
- Calories from Fat 110
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.6 mg
- Sodium 199.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g