Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great topped with whipped cream for dessert or to have with coffee!
Make and share this Cherry Oatmeal Crisp recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Spread pie filling into a greased 9-inch square baking dish.
- Combine the next six ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut in butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs; sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with whipped cream and dig in!
I was craving something sweet but wasn't in the mood for apple crisp. This was my first time making a crisp using cherry pie filling and I can't believe how easy and delicious it was. I omitted the nutmeg, decreased the brown sugar to 1/2 cup and added 1/2 tablespoon of almond extract. I baked them in individual ramekins for 40 minutes. Sooooo good...they were a hit with my family. I may try to make this again using fresh, pitted cherries because I'm not crazy that the pie filling contains so much corn syrup. But if you're looking for something easy, but tastes fantastic, this is a great recipe.
Yummy! And really easy. I made my own cherry pie filling since I'm lucky enough to have access to a cherry tree and got a bit overzealous with the filling. Unfortunately my crumbles sank into the filling and the "crisp" part didn't happen. BUT I joked with my roomies that it was hot cherry casserole and it tasted great anyways. Baking lesson of the day: Only use the directed amount of pie filling when making a crisp.
The first time I made this with cherries and it was too tart for my families taste. I've been making it with Apple pie filling and everyone loves it! I cut the nutmeg to 1/8 and I think it tastes perfect. Easy to make and constantly have requests from my 10 yr old for it!