This is done up beautifully in a trifle type bowl or any glass bowl that you can see thru. Especially pretty for the holidays.
- REserve 1/3 cup cherry pie filling for garnish.
- Set aside.
- Stir boiling water into dry jello mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Stir in cold water and remaining cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Place cake cubes in a 3 quart serving bowl.
- Spoon jello mixture over cake.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes or until set but not firm.
- Pour milk into large bowl.
- Add dry pudding mixes.
- Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Gently stir in 2 cups of the coolwhip.
- Spoon over jello mixture in bowl.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Top with remaining coolwhip and reserved cherry pie filling.
- Store leftover dessert in refrigerator.