Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I don't know where this recipe came from but my friends go nuts trying to figure out how I made it! My Scrabble buddy can eat four of them! Everyone loves this dessert!
- 1⁄2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1 box dark chocolate-covered cherries
- 2 bottles Magic Shell ice cream topping, any flavor (I use the darkest chocolate they have)
- whipped cream
- Use a medium to large round ice cream scooper and scoop up some ice cream.
- Carefully push a chocolate covered cherry into the center of the scoop until the cherry is even with the edge of the scoop and level off the ice cream.
- You don't want the cherry to hit the top of the scooper, try to center it.
- Release onto a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze until very hard.
- Repeat for each chocolate covered cherry.
- Before serving, cover each'bomb' with Magic Shell.
- When the shell is hard put onto a dessert plate and garnish with some whipped cream.
- People are always amazed when they cut this open and find a chocolate covered cherry inside.
- The cherry won't freeze!
Very interesting and simple recipe I would have never thought of. The kid's and adults loved it. Looked like something from an expensive restaurant.
This was wonderful! I also tried it with a coffee ice cream and chocolate truffles inside. That was good too. I'm going to play with different combinations.