Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A twist on the classic version. You don't have to measure out everything exactly. Just throw it in a bowl. You can also make quite a few variations of this salad. You could put in sliced apples or grapes.
- 2 (8 ounce) jars maraschino cherries (drained and pitted)
- 8 bananas (peeled and sliced)
- 2 1⁄2 cups Snickers candy bars (chopped)
- 2 (12 ounce) containers Cool Whip
- Combine cherries, banana slices, and chopped snickers into a medium sized bowl.
- Fold in Cool whip and mix until everything is coated with Cool Whip. (You may add in some cherry juice for more color and cherry flavor, making sure to mix it in without diluting the Cool Whip.).
- Let salad stand overnight for best flavor.
Oh my....this is wonderful. I used seedless green grapes because that is what I had on hand. We loved the combination of flavors and I can't wait to try it with other fruits. Thanks for sharing this winner, Shani_Banani. It's a keeper.
What a great sweet dessert salad! I added some mini marshmellows and some oranges to this recipe. It turned out AWESOME!! I also used a Tablespoon of the cherry juice to add a little pinkish color and to add to the flavor of the salad. Everyone really enjoyed this recipe and asked for the recipe too :) Thanks for sharing this delicious treat. It's one I am sure I will be making many of times.
Very easy to make and the kids (and adults) loved it.