1/3 Photos of Cherry-Almond Clafouti
TOOLBELT DIVA's Note:
Clafouti is a French dessert, half pudding and half cake; very easy to prepare. Fresh cherries are the classic filling; however, if these are not available, use canned tart cherries, (not pie filling), figs, prunes, or halved dried apricots. Nut Warning - Almonds and Almond extract. Eliminate these ingredients from the recipe if your have an intolerance to nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces large fresh pitted cherries or 12 ounces frozen cherries, thawed and drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large eggs, plus
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 teaspoons cognac (optional) or 4 teaspoons brandy (optional)
- confectioners' sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons roasted sliced almonds, for garnish (optional)
- 1Preheat over to 375°F.
- 2Butter four 1-cup capacity ramekins, or custard cups.
- 3In a small bowl, toss the cherries with 2 tbsp of the sugar, then divide evenly among the ramekins (or custard cups) In a food processor, combine the almonds, the remaining sugar, the flour, salt, eggs, egg yolk, milk, and almond extract.
- 4Process about 30 seconds,or until the almonds are ground and the mixture forms a smooth batter Pour the batter over the cherries, dividing equally.
- 5Top each serving with 1 tsp cognac, or brandy, and bake 35 minutes, or until puffed and brown.
- 6Let cool until warm (they will sink slightly).
- 7Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and garnish with toasted almonds, if desired.
- 8Serve warm.
- 9NOTE: To make one large dish of clafouti instead of individual servings, pour the batter into a buttered 2-quart baking dish and cook 45 minutes.
- 10Serve by spooning clafouti into individual dessert dishes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cherry-Almond Clafouti
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.8
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 185.5 mg
- Sodium 113.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 26.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g