1/1 Photo of Cheesecake With Praline Sauce
6 hrs 20 mins
5 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen Show: Paula's Home Cooking Episode: Sugar and Spice
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2For the crust, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter. Pat this mixture into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- 3Make the filling: In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and granulated sugar. Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, and then beat in the vanilla. Pour the filling into the crust and bake for 1 hour. Remove the cake from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make the topping: In a bowl, mix the sour cream, sugar, and vanilla until well blended. Spread this mixture over the warm cake and return to the oven for 4 minutes. Let the cake cool to room temperature in the pan, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 5At serving time, use a table knife to loosen the cake from the pan. Remove the sides of the pan and place the cake on a platter, leaving it on pan bottom.
- 6To make the praline sauce, in a small heavy saucepan stir together the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the corn syrup and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick.
- 7Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the nuts and vanilla. Cool slightly.
- 8Serve the cheesecake, passing the sauce in a bowl with a small ladle.
- 9Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesecake With Praline Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 700.0
- Calories from Fat 380
- Total Fat 42.3 g
- Saturated Fat 21.3 g
- Cholesterol 198.1 mg
- Sodium 434.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 49.3 g
- Protein 9.3 g