Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is similar to the ever-popular "Oreo Dessert" or "Dirt Cake", except I make mine with ice cream, and it's ohhhhh soooo much better! This is hands-down my hubby's favorite dessert.
- Cover bottom as a greased 13" x9" baking pan with 1/2 of crushed Oreos and butter to form crust.
- Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Beat together ice cream, pudding mix and milk.
- Pour mixture over cool crust.
- Top with whipped cream and remaining cookies.
- Freeze for one hour; then store in refrigerator.
This was really amazing and made enough for a large crowd. Much better than the jello oreo dessert in a box (which I love). Also, I skipped the 3/4 c butter and baking step. Just poured the ice cream mixture on the loose crumbs and it worked great (lower fat and easier). Thanks.
Really the best ever. I have other friends that make a similar dessert, but Carla's is much better. (She's always been an over-acheiver...)