Kim Ong's Note:
The preparation time given includes 30 mins refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line base and sides of a shallow cake tin with foil.
- 2Brush foil with melted butter.
- 3Combine butter, condensed milk, caster sugar and golden syrup in a medium, heavy based pan.
- 4Stir over low heat without boiling to dissolve sugar completely.
- 5Bring to boil and reduce heat slightly.
- 6Stir constantly for about 15 to 20 mins to prevent bottom burning, until mixture turns a dark golden caramel colour.
- 7Note: If the caramel is not cooked long enough it, will not set properly.
- 8Pour mixture into the prepared tin.
- 9Smoothen the surface.
- 10Use a sharp knife to mark caramel into small squares.
- 11Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- 12Remove from tin.
- 13Cut through.
- 14Store caramels in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramels
Serving Size: 1 (894 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.3
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.2 mg
- Sodium 36.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g