Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The preparation time given includes 30 mins refrigeration time.
Make and share this Caramels recipe from Food.com.
- Line base and sides of a shallow cake tin with foil.
- Brush foil with melted butter.
- Combine butter, condensed milk, caster sugar and golden syrup in a medium, heavy based pan.
- Stir over low heat without boiling to dissolve sugar completely.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat slightly.
- Stir constantly for about 15 to 20 mins to prevent bottom burning, until mixture turns a dark golden caramel colour.
- Note: If the caramel is not cooked long enough it, will not set properly.
- Pour mixture into the prepared tin.
- Smoothen the surface.
- Use a sharp knife to mark caramel into small squares.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Remove from tin.
- Cut through.
- Store caramels in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks.