1/4 Photos of Caramelized Pineapple Sundaes With Coconut
This dessert treat uses fat-free vanilla frozen yogurt, but you could substitute vanilla ice cream if you prefer. The flavors of coconut and the carmelized pineapple create a delicious topping. This is best when fresh pineapple is used. Sometimes you can find already peeled and cored pineapple in the produce department. From Food & Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Light a grill.
- 2Brush the pineapple rings with the oil.
- 3Grill over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until the pineapple rings are lightly charred and softened, about 8 minutes.
- 4Transfer the rings to a work surface to cut them into bite-size pieces.
- 5In a medium skillet, toast the coconut over medium heat until golden, about 2 minutes.
- 6Transfer the coconut to a plate to cool.
- 7Scoop the frozen yogurt (or ice cream) into sundae glasses or bowls.
- 8Top with the grilled pineapple, sprinkle with the toasted coconut, and garnish with mint sprigs (if using) and serve right away.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Pineapple Sundaes With Coconut
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.6
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.9 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
non-fat vanilla frozen yogurt