1/1 Photo of Caramelized Figs With Lavender Honey and Cream
Steve Sickenberger's Note:
Caramelizing the figs by broiling them helps to bring out their nutty flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine honey, lemon zest, and lavender in small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- 2Continue simmering for 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- 3Remove from heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile arrange fig halves in a cake pan or on a baking sheet and broil, 4-6 inches from the flame, for 5-8 minutes or until they are bubbling and just slightly brown on top.
- 5Strain honey mixture into a small bowl and add the lemon juice.
- 6Pour heavy cream into a medium bowl and whisk until just slightly thickened.
- 7The cream should still be runny--you don't want to make whipped cream.
- 8Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the cream in the center of each dessert plate, arrange four fig halves on top of the cream and spoon the strained honey mixture over them.
- 9Garnish with fresh mint if desired.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Figs With Lavender Honey and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.3
- Calories from Fat 52
- Total Fat 5.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 8.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 51.1 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried lavender blossoms