Caramelizing the figs by broiling them helps to bring out their nutty flavor.
Make and share this Caramelized Figs With Lavender Honey and Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Combine honey, lemon zest, and lavender in small saucepan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Continue simmering for 1-2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile arrange fig halves in a cake pan or on a baking sheet and broil, 4-6 inches from the flame, for 5-8 minutes or until they are bubbling and just slightly brown on top.
- Strain honey mixture into a small bowl and add the lemon juice.
- Pour heavy cream into a medium bowl and whisk until just slightly thickened.
- The cream should still be runny--you don't want to make whipped cream.
- Place approximately 1 tablespoon of the cream in the center of each dessert plate, arrange four fig halves on top of the cream and spoon the strained honey mixture over them.
- Garnish with fresh mint if desired.