Erin Crable's Note:
My mom made these every Halloween and they were always a neighborhood favorite. They are chewy with lots of flavor and so fun to eat! The caramel sauce won't set up unless it reaches the correct temperature, so be sure to allow it enough time to boil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set popcorn aside in a large bowl.
- 2In a 2 quart saucepan combine sugars, corn syrup, water, salt, and white vinegar.
- 3Using a candy thermometer, heat until a boil and stir regularly until temperature reaches 260 degrees F.
- 4This will take about 15 minutes.
- 5Stir in butter until melted.
- 6Pour caramel sauce over popcorn and stir until well coated.
- 7Spread popcorn on clean countertop and let it set up for a few minutes.
- 8Form popcorn into balls and allow to cool (or just spread it out and let cool.).
- 9Store in tupperware or in ziplock bags.
- 10Recipe may be doubled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Popcorn Balls
Serving Size: 1 (804 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.3
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 94.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 23.6 g
- Protein 0.7 g