Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mom made these every Halloween and they were always a neighborhood favorite. They are chewy with lots of flavor and so fun to eat! The caramel sauce won't set up unless it reaches the correct temperature, so be sure to allow it enough time to boil.
- Set popcorn aside in a large bowl.
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine sugars, corn syrup, water, salt, and white vinegar.
- Using a candy thermometer, heat until a boil and stir regularly until temperature reaches 260 degrees F.
- This will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir in butter until melted.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn and stir until well coated.
- Spread popcorn on clean countertop and let it set up for a few minutes.
- Form popcorn into balls and allow to cool (or just spread it out and let cool.).
- Store in tupperware or in ziplock bags.
- Recipe may be doubled.