Amazing Passover snack that will be requested throughout the entire year! Very crunchy and yummy!! Addictive snack!
My Private Note
large b ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Line a large (or two smaller) cookie sheets completely with foil.
- 3Cover the bottom of the sheet with baking parchment on top of the foil.
- 4(This is very important since the mixture becomes sticky during baking.) Line the bottom of the cookie sheet evenly with the matzo, cutting extra pieces, as required, to fit any spaces.
- 5In a 3-quart, heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the butter or margarine and the brown sugar.
- 6Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture comes to a boil, about 2 to 4 minutes.
- 7Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 8Remove from the heat and pour over the matzo, covering completely.
- 9Place the baking sheet in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 350°F.
- 10Bake for 15 minutes, checking every few minutes to make sure the mixture is not burning.
- 11If it seems to be browning too quickly, remove the pan from the oven, lower the heat to 325°F, and replace the pan.
- 12Remove from the oven and sprinkle immediately with the chopped chocolate or chips.
- 13Let stand for 5 minutes, and then spread the melted chocolate over the matzo.
- 14While still warm, break into squares or odd shapes.
- 15Chill, still in the pan, in the freezer until set.
- 16(It wasn't completely necessary to cut or break the pieces apart until after it was good and solid.) As a variation, use"coarsely chopped white chocolate or a combination of white and dark, and chopped or slivered toasted almonds, sprinkled on top as the chocolate sets.
- 17You can also omit the chocolate for a caramel-alone butter crunch.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Matzo Crunch
Serving Size: 1 (856 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4553.2
- Calories from Fat 2245
- Total Fat 249.4 g
- Saturated Fat 154.2 g
- Cholesterol 488.0 mg
- Sodium 180.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 594.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.4 g
- Sugars 433.1 g
- Protein 27.5 g