Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
Easy dessert with a nutty butter crust, a caramel layer in the middle and topped with yummy cheesecake. This is fabulous!
- Mix together flour, butter, brown sugar, then add nuts and mix.
- Press into bottom of greased 9x13" pan, reserving a little for sprinkling over the top.
- Melt caramels mixed with condensed milk in the top of a double boiler.
- Pour this mixture over crust layer.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla and spread over caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely and refrigerate.
Should be 10 stars. Very easy, and very good! My husband requested them for his birthday. I put on a sour cream topping. Thanks so much!
Made this for New Year's Day to take to a sick family member. Of course, I had to keep some for us. Good thing, for it was so yummy!! Left out the nuts, but followed rest of the recipe exactly. Be sure to chill it for a long time, just like a cheesecake. Very easy to throw together. Could even spread a chocolate frosting/topping over the top for a different look/taste. Sure doesn't need it, because it is delish just the way it is. Great recipe, Marie!
I made this twice in one week for Christmas parties. I thought it was addicting...the caramel layer is too good for words. Absolutely loved it. I liked the brown sugar in the crust and I used pecans that I lightly toasted first. Just divine and a new favorite.