.I love this recipe.I usually have everything that I need ( as long as my brown sugar hasn't transformed into a solid rock). I use my favorite apple,the red delicious.I am sure that any apple would do ( maybe your favorite).
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Farenhiet (200 degrees Celsius).
- In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.Mix well.
- Add butter or margarine to flour mixture and combine with a fork.
- Place apple slices in a glass 12" x 8" dish.(You could also use a 9"x9", but they will have more "juice").
- Sprinkle topping over the apples making sure that all areas are covered.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Optional, you can add your favorite topping:whip cream,vanilla ice cream,etc.