1/2 Photos of Canned Raspberries
Posted in response to a request, this comes from BH & G, Home Canning & Freezing! Use this recipe for any soft berry, except strawberries & make the syrup to match your own tastes. The quantity specified here is for 1 quart (increase as required) and the times are estimates.
My Private Note
- 1Use 1 cup sugar for VERY LIGHT SYRUP; 2 cups sugar for LIGHT SYRUP; 3 cups sugar for MEDIUM SYRUP; 4 3/4 cups sugar for HEAVY SYRUP.
- 2Boil sugar& water together for 5 minutes& skim, if necessary; keep hot but not boiling.
- 3Wash fruit, drain& fill hot steile jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 4Bring syrup to a full boil& cover berries with syrup, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 5Remove any trapped air bubbles (I use a chopstick to do this)& adjust lids.
- 6Process in a boiling water bath, 10 minutes for pints or 15 minutes for quarts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Raspberries
Serving Size: 1 (1148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 199.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: