Posted in response to a request, this comes from BH & G, Home Canning & Freezing! Use this recipe for any soft berry, except strawberries & make the syrup to match your own tastes. The quantity specified here is for 1 quart (increase as required) and the times are estimates.
- Use 1 cup sugar for VERY LIGHT SYRUP; 2 cups sugar for LIGHT SYRUP; 3 cups sugar for MEDIUM SYRUP; 4 3/4 cups sugar for HEAVY SYRUP.
- Boil sugar& water together for 5 minutes& skim, if necessary; keep hot but not boiling.
- Wash fruit, drain& fill hot steile jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Bring syrup to a full boil& cover berries with syrup, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Remove any trapped air bubbles (I use a chopstick to do this)& adjust lids.
- Process in a boiling water bath, 10 minutes for pints or 15 minutes for quarts.