1/2 Photos of Canned Raspberries
Posted in response to a request, this comes from BH & G, Home Canning & Freezing! Use this recipe for any soft berry, except strawberries & make the syrup to match your own tastes. The quantity specified here is for 1 quart (increase as required) and the times are estimates.
My Private Note
- 1Use 1 cup sugar for VERY LIGHT SYRUP; 2 cups sugar for LIGHT SYRUP; 3 cups sugar for MEDIUM SYRUP; 4 3/4 cups sugar for HEAVY SYRUP.
- 2Boil sugar& water together for 5 minutes& skim, if necessary; keep hot but not boiling.
- 3Wash fruit, drain& fill hot steile jars, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 4Bring syrup to a full boil& cover berries with syrup, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- 5Remove any trapped air bubbles (I use a chopstick to do this)& adjust lids.
- 6Process in a boiling water bath, 10 minutes for pints or 15 minutes for quarts.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Canned Raspberries
Serving Size: 1 (1148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 199.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: