Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
This is a simple recipe that can be done in the microwave that creates an incredible candy that is totally addictive!
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter, cocoa, brown sugar and milk.
- Microwave on high until mixture boils, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
- Pour into a greased 8-in.
- square baking pan.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, heat caramels and water on high for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Stir in peanuts; spread over chocolate layer.
- Microwave chocolate chips on high for 1 minute or until melted; spread over caramel layer.
- Chill until firm.
Very easy recipe, and an excellent candy! This was done in less than 20 minutes and it is SO good. I tried to think of a candy bar it reminded me of, but it actually brings to mind several. So I'll just call it the Mirjam!! Thanks for the recipe---And my grandchildren say thanks too!
FANTASTIC - what a yummy treat - great for any occasion!
I have made this recipe from Taste of Home many times now - it makes great homemade Christmas gift for our neighbors or children's teachers. I was going to post it myself, but found it already here instead! Thanks! : )