Nana Lee's Note:
This ice cream is a custard based one. Time to make does not include churning and freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute black walnuts in the 3 Tbs. of butter & let cool.
- 2Combine sugar,flour & salt,slowly stir in hot milk.
- 3Cook 10 minutes over low heat,stirring constantly.
- 4Stir small amount of cooked mixture into beaten eggs,return to milk mixture & cook 1 mniute.
- 5Chill in refrigerator,then pour in ice cream freezer & add cream & vanilla.
- 6Churn in freezer for about 15 minutes,then add black walnuts & finish freezing.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttered Black Walnut Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (3318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 8459.8
- Calories from Fat 5481
- Total Fat 609.0 g
- Saturated Fat 286.7 g
- Cholesterol 2835.6 mg
- Sodium 2795.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 636.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.8 g
- Sugars 508.1 g
- Protein 161.0 g