Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This ice cream is a custard based one. Time to make does not include churning and freezing time.
Make and share this Buttered Black Walnut Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- Saute black walnuts in the 3 Tbs. of butter & let cool.
- Combine sugar,flour & salt,slowly stir in hot milk.
- Cook 10 minutes over low heat,stirring constantly.
- Stir small amount of cooked mixture into beaten eggs,return to milk mixture & cook 1 mniute.
- Chill in refrigerator,then pour in ice cream freezer & add cream & vanilla.
- Churn in freezer for about 15 minutes,then add black walnuts & finish freezing.