Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow cream
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Bring sugar, milk, butter to boil.
- Boil until 234 degrees is reached on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Pour into a 13 x 9 inch buttered pan.
This was a creamy and very tasty fudge. My only challenge (if you want to call it that) was that it stayed pretty soft even 2 hours after pouring it in the pan, so I placed it in the fridge (although the recipe instructions didn't state to do so). It wasn't until then that it started to set firmly enough to cut. The recipe didn't state serving guidelines, but I got 40 pieces of fudge from this recipe. And this was not like some of those super-rich fudge candies that 1 piece is too much. It was creamy, tasty, and well flavored, just the right touch of a delicate peanut butter taste. I will definitely make this again when I start my Christmas baking.