Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is to die for! My daughter brought this to our family reunion. Instead of liquor, she used Almond Extract and she used Heath bars. It was a hugh hit and now she has to send all of her cousins a copy of the recipe. LOL. She didn't give me the prep and cook time. But the cook time would be according to package directions on the brownie mix. Prep time approximately 9 hours (includes 8 hours for chilling).
- Prepare brownie mix according to directions.
- Bake in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan.
- Prick top of warm brownies at 1 inch intervals with a wooden pick and brush with liquor if disired.
- Cool and crumble.
- Prepare chocolate pudding according to directions, omitting chilling.
- Place 1/2 of crumbled brownies in bottom of a 3- quart glass bowl.
- Top with half of pudding, crushed candy bars, and whipped topping.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
I made this yesterday for DH's birthday lunch at his office. Changed a bit for his favorite flavors by making peanut butter pudding (instant vanilla pudding with p. b. mixed in) and using chopped up p. b. cups rather than toffee bits. And I even got ambitious and whipped up real cream rather than using Cool Whip. It was very enjoyable apparently, as he brought home an empty trifle bowl and was quite content.
I used Kahula in this one along with SKOR bars. It was a huge hit with the kids! They loved digging into it last night around midnight for a snack :) I think this just became a new favorite around here! Karen
This is exactly the same recipe I use, so have to give it 5 stars of course! The only thing I sometimes change, is to use 6 Heath/Skor bars + 2 milk chocolate Hershey bars - to die for! Everyone loves it!