Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Every August the peach tree in our garden is bursting with huge, juicy peaches. I make this at least once a week every summer once that tree gives up its fruit, for family desserts and as gifts for friends.
- To peaches, add 1/2 cup of the sugar and the lemon juice.
- Set aside, covered in refrigerator.
- In a medium saucepan combine milk, eggs, and remaining sugar.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thick enough to coat a metal spoon, about 15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and vanilla.
- Stir peaches in cream mixture and freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's instructions.