1/3 Photos of Bread Pudding
My niece in South Carolina sent me this recipe for bread pudding. It was the first time I ever had it. After trying it for the first time, I did make a few adjustments to cater to my taste, although the orginal recipe was quite good. I wanted it to be a bit sweeter so increased the sugar from just under a 1/2 cup to just over 3/4 cup. I also added the double strength vanilla. This pudding can be eaten warm or chilled...topped with pouring cream if desired.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast bread.
- 2Butter one side only; cut into 16 cubes per slice.
- 3In mixing bowl, add eggs, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and sugar, whisk until well blended.
- 4Add milk to the egg mixture and whisk until well blended.
- 5Put the bread cubes into a buttered 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- 6Sprinkle the raisins over the cubes of bread.
- 7Pour the egg/milk mixture slowly over the top.
- 8Bake in a 350 degree oven for approxiately 45-55 minutes, until a silver knife inserted into the center of the pudding comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (210 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 337.6
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 334.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 33.1 g
- Protein 9.1 g